murderershair: (bridal style)
[personal profile] murderershair
Note: THIS IS A ROUGH DRAFT. Also a test to see if DW supports the Japanese alphabet. At some future point when I figure out how more functions work on Vita I would like to have screenshots like a fancy person, but for now you'll have to make do with my descriptions of sprites. God I hope someone's made a chart of sprite faces somewhere.

I love Reiji, but I am not translating anything actually long for him anytime soon because in all honestly just playing his route myself gives me a headache. Talk to me like I am a small stupid child, Reiji! SLOWLY! Starting Reiji's route so early in Lunatic Parade was a dumb idea but I was thirsty for CGs sob. Anyway, most sub-scenarios in this game are amazing and Reiji's are no exception, but the last time I checked no one had done any? Hence this. Azusa is way easier to understand so I prioritized him over Shin, who I will maybe do the sub-scenario of at a later date. Look, I am not the translator this fandom needs, but I am probably the one it deserves.


Yui, super happy face: Look, Reiji-san! There's coins in the fountain!
Reiji, mild smirk sprite: Yes, people believe if they throw coins into this fountain their wishes will be granted.
Reiji: It's a nice tale. But who can say whether or not it's true?
Yui, mild smile: I see… Well, can't we do it too?
Reiji: I have no interest in such a superstition.
Yui, huge smile: Is it too much trouble? It'd be something to remember, you know?
Reiji, sighs w exasperated face: I suppose it can't be helped.
Azusa appears
Azusa: The two of you… what are you doing here?
Yui, smiling: A-Azusa-kun! We were going to throw a coin in this fountain.
Yui, weird half mouth open smile: Won't you join us?
Azusa: It could be fun… I guess so…
Yui, smiling: All right then, let's throw it!
Azusa: Oh w-wait a… moment…
Yui, mild surprise face: Huh?
Reiji, pinching the bridge of his nose in extremely annoyed voice: Wait, Azusa! Don't go in there, we're about to throw a coin!
Azusa: I know. So… hurry up and throw the coin…
Yui, sad/neutral face: But if you stay there, Azusa-kun might get hit.
Azusa: That's good… even better… I want to be hit…
Azusa giggles
Azusa: Surely… it'll hurt, won't it… that's nice…
Reiji: Well, well. It seems this is extremely unlikely to go as planned.   (*)
Reiji, more determined sprite: It can't be helped. I don't intend to hit Azusa, so I will find a suitable place to throw the coin towards.
Yui, neutral side face: Y-yes…
Azusa: Eve… Reiji-san… please?
Reiji: Well then, here I go. Ha!
Sound of coin going through air
Azusa moans rapturously
Sound of splashing
Azusa's sprite zips from the left to the right, on Reiji's other side and closer to him.
Yui, wide eyed: Azusa-kun, you went over there to get hit!
Reiji: *spits* Well then. This time, in the other direction! (**)
Azusa moans again, sprite bending over w hand to chest
Splashing sound as Azusa's sprite slides to the left side again
Reiji, rubbing bridge of his glasses: Again?!
Azusa, upright and smiling again: Reiji-san… you're very skilled at… throwing…
Reiji, neutral sprite, exasperated tone: There's no need to praise me so happily for such a thing, you know!
Yui surprised sprite
Yui, sad/neutral face: If you stay like this, other people throwing coins will also hit you!
Azusa: It's… very much… all right, you know...
Yui: It's really not!
Chatter of crowd oohing and watching them
Yui, sad/neutral face, thinking: (And before we knew it, there was a crowd…)
Sound of coin moving through air
Azusa, bending: Ahh, the coin…
Reiji, rubbing bridge of nose in annoyed tone again: I can't believe all these rubberneckers want to watch me toss a coin...
Reiji: Although it's come to this, I'm certainly not going to drag you out forcibly. (***)
sound of coin, splash
Reiji: There, Azusa, It's truly finished!
Azusa, side sprite w grim face: Huh? But… wait...
(Yui still has surprised face)
Splashing
Reiji, super annoyed hand on face sprite and voice: Be good and come here at once!
Azusa, sprite shifts closer to Reiji, moans: Okay… still, I wish you'd hit me with the coin...
Yui, sad neutral face, thinking: (Thanks to Reiji-san, fortunately things didn't get serious)

*I'm not sure I got the intent right here. The original is "… やれやれ。こうなったらどきそうにないですね。" and I'd be very grateful if anyone wants to weigh in.
**I think I have the basic right idea but there might be a more effective translation. The original is "。。。では。今度は反対へ!" and I'd be very grateful if anyone wants to weigh in.
***....this might actually be the opposite? I'm not confident. The original is "こうなったら、無理矢理引っ張り出すしかありませんね。" and I'd be very grateful if anyone wants to weigh in.

There's also a few more lines I'm not sure of and will edit if I later feel I got it wrong enough.

Date: 2016-12-20 09:34 pm (UTC)
straightforwardly: a black & white cat twining around a girl's legs; both are outside. (Default)
From: [personal profile] straightforwardly
I don't know much about Azusa (I think I might have mentioned this before, but most of my knowledge of Diabolik Lovers comes from your Kanato recaps + the first season of the anime), but I find his and Reiji's dynamic pretty interesting in this!

Date: 2016-12-22 04:15 pm (UTC)
straightforwardly: a black & white cat twining around a girl's legs; both are outside. (Default)
From: [personal profile] straightforwardly
is perhaps disappointed that Kanato refuses to love him

I hope that you didn't make that up, because that sounds amazing.

In general his pain thing seems to give him shippy subtext with most of the other vampires

I could see that, haha. I was already getting ideas about him and Reiji just from this small segment.

Profile

murderershair: (Default)
murderershair

January 2026

S M T W T F S
    123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728293031

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 24th, 2026 10:00 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios